This tax season, make sure you are getting the tax return you deserve with our help. Taxes are a complex system and having a knowledgeable and experienced professional at your back can be the best way to improve your return. We offer tax planning and preparation for both individuals and small to medium sized businesses.
Tax Preparation for Businesses
For business owners, your personal and businesses taxes are closely linked. It’s especially important for business owners to have proper tax preparation. One issue many business owners face is that sometimes business owners think only of yearly taxes, but they are subject to many more such as:
- Federal and state payroll withholding and taxes
- Appropriate tax deposits to avoid penalties
- Sales tax and use tax issues
- Worker’s compensation issues
- Local sales taxes
- Union reporting
- Retirement plan contributions and deductions
We have the experience and knowledge required to guide you through the many regulations and laws. Minimizing these taxes is a goal of every business. We can help you and your business through our advising!
Tax Preparation for Individuals
Many individuals believe that their tax return is relatively simple. You can go the simple route, but you are likely making mistakes and missing out on deductions you are able to claim. We can help you get the most out of your tax return.
- If you are a new client, we review your last 2-3 years tax returns to check for accuracy.
- No matter if you owe money on your return or have a large refund, we will help you adjust your withholding tax to eliminate problems.
- Tax returns are carefully reviewed to ensure you take all the deductions you are entitled to.
- As part of our income tax preparation process, we electronically file your tax return.
- We prepare most state income tax returns.
- We can also help you with out-of-state individual tax preparation.
Get the most out of your tax return, call us today so we can provide you with professional tax preparation. You’ll see the difference for yourself and your business.
If you are like most people when it comes to taxes, you don’t feel confident in what you are doing. A tax consultant can help relieve stress and reduce mistakes while filing taxes. Check out five reasons why you should consider hiring a tax consultant.
1. You Find A Mistake On A Previous Return
Have you found a mistake on a previous tax return in the past three years? You can work with a tax constant to file an amended return. A consultant can help to minimize any damage that may have been caused. It can also provide you with peace of mind in knowing that your tax return will be properly handled.
2. Your Marital Status Has Changed
Have you gotten married or divorced in the last year? If so, your tax filing may be affected.
- Newly Married Couples: A consultant can help you decide whether to file your taxes together or separate. It is helpful to get a tax consultant’s opinion of what will be most beneficial since every couple’s situation is different.
- Recently Divorced Couples: A consultant can help you determine if it is best to file separate or together. They can also help ensure that alimony has either been paid or received properly.
3. Filling Your Own Taxes Can Be Time Consuming
Filling Your taxes can be time-consuming. A tax consultant will be able to work quickly and efficiently. They will be able to save you the stress of making sure your taxes are done right.
4. You Work or Live In Different States
Taxes can become confusing if you live and work in different states. If you’ve recently moved to a new state it can be confusing as well.
A tax consultant will be able to assist you in the different states’ tax rules and can help you sort out any issues that arise.
5. You’ve Started A Business
A common mistake of new business owners is waiting to hire a tax professional. How you file your taxes the first year can impact future tax filings. It is important to start off right.
David Mills Can Assist You With Taxes
David Mills is proud to assist our customers with their taxes and make recommendations that fit your needs. Check out our Income Tax Planning service HERE. If you need assistance with your taxes, contact David Mills today. We look forward to working with you!